Riders Code of Conduct
Below are a few points we would like you to consider before riding to ensure the health and safety of all our riders and staff, as well as allowing you to get the most out of your BMCC experience:
- Please try and keep noise and inappropriate language to a minimum. We have had some noise complaints in the past and it is important that we are considerate of our neighbours.
- Please take your litter with you or put it in a bin provided and do not leave rubbish and bottles at the side of the tracks.
- Do not walk up the tracks, if you have to stop please try and move off the riding surface as soon as possible.
- Please be aware of your own ability and familiarise yourself with the tracks before riding.
- Ensure you have the correct equipment and check the maintenance of your bike before riding.
- When riding on the uplift trailer, please make sure that you are always seated and do not disembark the trailer until the tractor has completely stopped.
- If you are a push and ride rider and have purchased an uplift ticket, please remember that those riders who have a day’s uplift pass have priority on boarding the trailers.
- If you are a push and ride rider, please be aware that tractors and other vehicles will be using the push up track, so keep to the side of the track.
- A couple of our tracks do pass over public right of ways please abide by any signs to be aware of members of the public.
- In the unfortunate case of an accident or injury, please ensure that you report it to a member of staff to ensure so that it can be recorded and reviewed for future reference.
Rider conduct under covid-19 measures
We would like to thank all riders for respecting the Welsh government guidance and stress that we all have a responsibility to follow the Rider Code of Conduct under covid 19 measures which has been agreed by all the bike centres in Wales. All participants need to take personal responsibility and recognise the impact of their actions on others – we must put safety first by minimising the risk of infection/transmission and the risk of injury that places further pressure on the NHS.
Please do not just turn up at a site in the hope that it is open, check first. We will be operating an online booking system for the uplift and push up passes, which means that you will not be allowed in if you do not have a booking. Please take your time to read all the information on our website and make sure that all the pre-arrival forms are signed before arriving at the centre.
Please read and sign the covid specific statement below. If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating, you should stay at home.
- Make sure that you have packed all the necessary equipment before you leave home. Ensure that you have your own hand sanitiser, first aid kit, own tools, inner tubes, water bottle and bring your own refreshments.
- Ride well within your ability – read the trail information carefully and take on board all advice. Keep at least 2 meters apart from other people at all times whilst riding.
- Clean your equipment before and after riding and try not to touch anything else.
- Do not congregate with other people under any circumstances on the trails, jumps or in the car park. You are here to ride, when you are resting take a break away from others. Remember the 2 meter social distancing rule applies at all times.
- No physical contact – no hugs, high-fives, hand shakes etc.
- Wash your hands regularly, keep your hand sanitiser with you at all times.
- Please leave plenty of space and be considerate of other riders, especially younger or inexperienced riders. Allow 2 meter space for people to pass safely.
- Spectating is discouraged although every child under 16 must have a parent/guardian present on site at all times. Social distancing should be strictly observed at all times.
- Please follow on-site rules re: using toilet facilities. These rules are designed to keep everybody safe whilst enjoying themselves riding, it is your responsibility to follow them. Anyone who chooses not to is endangering others and will be asked to leave immediately.